The purpose of the Wi-Fi Communications and Security course is to teach the technologies of the 802.11 family of wireless networking, including the principles of network connectivity and network security. The course is designed to provide a relevant, high-level overview of many elements that are critical components in Wi-Fi networking and security.
- Understand the difference between Wi-Fi and other wireless technologies.
- Identify the major protocols within the family of 802.11 protocols.
- Understand how radio frequency properties affect Wi-Fi network design and operation.
- Understand the operation of enterprise Wi-Fi networks and the evolution of CAPWAP.
- Understand the major Wi-Fi security and methods and be able to create a Wi-Fi security monitoring plan