What is the NICCS Education and Training Catalog?
The NICCS Education and Training Catalog is a repository of cybersecurity courses offered throughout the United States.
- The Training Catalog is a resource containing course information on more than 6,000 cybersecurity-related courses. The Catalog can be searched using a variety of criteria including: keyword, proficiency level, delivery method, and Workforce Framework Specialty Area.
- NICCS provides summary course information and links to the training provider offering that course. All course materials are maintained by the organization or academic institution providing the training. This means when you access the link you will leave the Department of Homeland Security site.
- The Training Catalog is updated as new course materials are received, vetted and added to the Catalog. The Training Catalog can be accessed here.
NICCS Training Catalog Terms of Service
The NICCS Education and Training Catalog (Catalog) is a repository of cybersecurity courses offered throughout the United States. Training providers are placed in the Catalog after submitting to a self-certification and agreeing to adhere to a basic set of operating principles. Presence in the Catalog DOES NOT imply an endorsement of any specific commercial products, processes, or services. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a training provider's website.
CISA will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, CISA reserves the right to deny or remove any links for the following reasons:
- The linked website contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims or is determined to be in conflict with CISA's mission or policies.
- The linked website fails to meet NICCS requirements for appearing in the Training Catalog.
- At CISA's sole discretion.
Links on NICCS go to many websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. The Department of Homeland Security provides these links as a service to you, the users. When you link to an outside website, you are leaving this Department of Homeland Security site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s). Access to outside websites is provided with the following conditions:
- The Department of Homeland Security does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The Department of Homeland Security does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The Department of Homeland Security does not and cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The Department of Homeland Security is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- The Department of Homeland Security does not guarantee that outside websites comply with the requirements of Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
The Department of Homeland Security will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deny or remove any links for the following reasons:
- A linked website contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with Department of Homeland Security's mission or policies.
- A linked website to an organization that provides cybersecurity education and training fails to meet NICCS requirements for remaining in the Training Catalog.
- At the Department of Homeland Security’s sole discretion.
Use of Content and Intellectual Property Rights
Information on this website is provided for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes. Some materials on this website may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. All copyright notices must be respected.
- Information accessed from a linked website shall be subject to the intellectual property policies of the public and/or private organization that created or maintained the website.
- For any content you upload or submit through the NICCS website, you provide the Department of Homeland Security, and those acting on its behalf, a paid-up, non-exclusive, irrevocable, world-wide license to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute to the public, publically perform, and publically display such content.
Responsibilities for Accessing NICCS
You agree as a condition of your access to the NICCS website that you will not upload, post, email, transmit, present or otherwise make available any whitepapers, studies, other research or content that is:
- Unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY, LAW ENFORCEMENT SENSITIVE, OR CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
- Any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- Any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; interfere with or disrupt the presentation or related servers or networks connected with the presentation, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the presentation; intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law; collect or store personal data about other participants.
DHS Seal, Insignia, and Other Visual Identities
By accessing the NICCS website, you do not gain authorization to use the official seal, insignia or other visual identities of the Department of Homeland Security. Use of the DHS seal without proper authorization violates federal law (e.g., 18 U.S.C. §§ 506, 701,1017), and is against DHS’s policies governing usage of the seal. Any use of the DHS seal, insignia, or other visual identities requires the advance written approval of the Department of Homeland Security.
Disclaimer of Liability
ACCESS TO THE NICCS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY THAT THE NICCS WEBSITE OR USE BY OTHERS WILL CONFORM TO SPECIFICATIONS, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR FREEDOM FROM INFRINGEMENT, ANY WARRANTY THAT THE NICCS WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE DOCUMENTATION, IF PROVIDED, WILL CONFORM TO NICCS WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT OR ITS CONTRACTORS OR SUBCONTRACTORS, OR AUTHORIZED PARTICIPATING JURISDICTIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE NICCS WEBSITE OR ITS USE OR ANY PROVIDED DOCUMENTATION, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT INJURY WAS SUSTAINED BY PERSONS OR PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT LOSS WAS SUSTAINED FROM, OR AROSE OUT OF THE RESULTS OF, OR USE OF, NICCS WEBSITE. THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES REGARDING THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, IF PRESENT IN THE NICCS WEBSITE “AS IS.”
Disclaimer of Endorsement
- The information posted on the Department of Homeland Security website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Department of Homeland Security provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the Department of Homeland Security site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- Your access to NICCS website or linking to another public/or private organization’s website from the NICCS website does not constitute or imply the endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Department of Homeland Security, or the United States Government. The use of the Department of Homeland Security website does not imply an endorsement of any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise.