Looking for more? The following cybersecurity-related resources and links are included for your information and convenience. Not finding what you need? Let us know – NICCS@hq.dhs.gov.
- Cybersecurity Certifications
Cybersecurity certifications are valuable for anyone in the cybersecurity space, and NICCS has compiled a list of well-known industry certifications.
- Cybersecurity Workforce Training Guide
CISA’s Cybersecurity Workforce Training Guide helps cyber professionals develop a training plan based on their current skill level and desired career opportunities. The Guide is downloadable, interactive, and meant to work in tandem with the Cyber Career Pathways Tool.
- Defend the Crown
CISA partnered with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) to create Defend the Crown, a game where users must protect castles from potential invasion by deploying various cyber defenses. Download the app via the Apple AppStore and Google Play.
- Cybersecurity Competitions
Engage in cybersecurity opportunities outside of the classroom by participating in competitions online and across the country:
- National Cyber Cup – a free, trivia-style capture-the-flag competition for students focusing on various cybersecurity topics such as reverse engineering, decryption, and programming.
- CyberPatriot – the nation’s largest cyber defense competition for teams of middle and high school students capable of finding and fixing cybersecurity vulnerabilities while maintaining critical services. Learn more about all the cybersecurity-related initiatives CyberPatriot offers here.
- GenCyber – provides cybersecurity experiences for students and teachers at the secondary (K-12) level. Camps are available at no-cost for students and teachers across the country.
- President’s Cup – individual and group cybersecurity competition series designed to identify, recognize, and reward the best cyber talent across the federal workforce. Practice demo challenges and content from past President's Cup competitions for free at presidentscup.cisa.gov.
- The Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework)
Learn more about the NICE Framework Categories, Work Roles, Competencies, and Task, Knowledge, and Skill (TKS) statements as well as the relationships between those elements in this downloadable PDF.
To help close the cybersecurity skills gap, CyberSeek provides detailed, actionable data around supply and demand in the cybersecurity job market.
- CISA Cybersecurity Awareness Program
A national public awareness campaign aimed at increasing the understanding of cyber threats and empowering the American public to be safer and more secure online.
- Cybersecurity Training and Exercises
CISA offers various cybersecurity training and exercises including Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM), Industrial Control Systems (ICS), and Incident Response training courses as well as critical infrastructure exercises.
- (ISC)2 Cybersecurity Research PDFs
The cybersecurity workforce skills gap is growing and (ISC)2 conducts research aimed at better understanding the challenges and opportunities facing cybersecurity professionals in the ever-changing 21st century workforce.
- Cyber Career Awareness PDF
A slick sheet highlighting cybersecurity career and awareness resources as well as CYBER.ORG’s overall impact on cybersecurity communities.
- Workforce Management Guidebook - Cybersecurity is Everyone's Job
A publication that talks about cybersecurity from every business function and aspect of an organization’s operation. It is written for a general audience who may not be knowledgeable about cybersecurity and can be read as a complete guide or by each business function as standalone guides.
A Department of Defense (DoD) cyber initiative with high-tech, hands-on opportunities for military personnel, Veterans, and the public.