This course will cover securing radio frequency identification (RFID). Different components of RFID, how it works, applications in which it is being used, benefits and weaknesses, and the communication range over which it works will be reviewed. Students will learn specific concerns with RFID, recommendations for RFID, and security issues that have come to light.
- Explain the components, operation, and application of RFID technology
- Understand the privacy implications with using RFID-embedded items
- Differentiate across threat categories
- Describe different security recommendations to secure RFID
- Familiarity with real-world examples of how RFID has been exploited