The Migration and Security Strategies for FedRAMP Cloud Computing course is designed to introduce students to the structure and employment of cloud computing using the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, or FedRAMP. Topics include cloud computing architecture, FedRAMP structure and roles, FedRAMP security implementations, and FedRAMP-approved cloud deployment options.
- Describe the three major deployment models for cloud computing.
- Discuss cybersecurity issues related to cloud computing.
- Explain the authority, structure, and roles of major parties that make up FedRAMP.
- Explain how Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and FedRAMP processes work to meet federal security requirements.
- Describe how the FedRAMP framework of “do once, use many times” allows government agencies to reuse previously-approved security documents and structures to simplify data deployments to the cloud.
- Describe how FedRAMP processes enable a second agency to use a previously approved CSP.
- Identify how FedRAMP processes map to and are designed to assure compliance with applicable standards outlined by the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in its Special Publications 800 series of documents.