This course features National Defense University Professor Robert Richardson who discusses important security and oversight requirements for commercial cloud solutions.
- Overview of the cloud physically, logically, and architecturally.
- Discuss cloud deployment models and characteristics.
- Overview of cloud infrastructure characteristics.
- Cloud Supply Chain Risk Management and considerations of commercial cloud as third-party cloud services; senior leaders should "beware of the gaps and seams."
- Cloud software components - microservices & APIs.
- The driving forces and key technology enablers of commercial cloud services in the Federal Government.
- Must-have security requirements and policies for cloud solutions.
- The top ten cybersecurity cloud risks such as: loss of service, data breaches, human error. As well as non-cybersecurity risks such as: outsourcing risks, personnel security, and supply chain risk management.
- Where Federal Government adoption of commercial cloud is now and predictions for the future.