Applications that use authentication need a method for storing credentials that is secure because when a hacker recovers credentials, they can use them to authenticate with the application or to access external services. This course introduces ways to identify and mitigate this security weakness, referenced as CWE-798 by the 2020 CWE Top 25.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Use of Hard-Coded Credentials vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Use of Hard-Coded Credentials vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it