Out-of-bounds Read is a security defect that can allow attackers to read sensitive information from other memory locations or cause a crash. This course introduces ways to identify and mitigate this security weakness, referenced as CWE-125 by the 2020 CWE Top 25.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify and mitigate Out-of-Bounds vulnerabilities
- Apply techniques for spotting weaknesses through code review, testing and best practices.
- Recognize their potential impact Out-of-Bounds Read errors have
- Apply coding best practices
- Test your application to detect out-of-bounds read errors