The use of insecure settings for access permissions allows attackers to perform unauthorized access either to some part of the system or to an application-controlled resource. This course introduces ways to identify and mitigate this security weakness, referenced as CWE-732 by the 2020 CWE Top 25.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Incorrect Permission Assignment for Critical Resource vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Incorrect Permission Assignment for Critical Resource vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it