Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) occurs when a web application does not, or can not, sufficiently verify whether a well-formed, valid, consistent request was intentionally provided by the user who submitted the request. This course introduces ways to identify and mitigate this security weakness, referenced as CWE-352 by the 2020 CWE Top 25.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Cross Site Request Forgery vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Cross Site Request Forgery vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it