Backends are designed for applications that need faster performance, large amounts of addressable memory, and continuous or long-running background processes. The versatility of Java enables developers to design and deliver the right business solutions however their efficiency requires distinctive experience and great expertise. This course aims to provide software developers and DevOps Engineers with the next level understanding of best practices for developing back-end frameworks using Java while developing skills necessary to handle user input and build secure systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize what causes common vulnerabilities
- Apply techniques to prevent common vulnerabilities
- Explain and recognize the benefits of authorization in backend services
- Leverage technologies like OAuth2 JWT, JAAS API, and Spring Security
- Protect sensitive data in transit with TLS