Reliance on IT systems, regulatory compliance, and the evolving cyberthreat landscape are key indicators of the importance behind infrastructure penetration testing. Infrastructure Penetration tests can help inform cybersecurity strategies, validate existing security controls, and identify weaknesses in need of improvement. This course provides learners with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform penetration tests that simulate how attackers might attempt to compromise the organization’s infrastructure.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Perform pretest identification of potential vulnerabilities based on pretest analysis
- Leverage automated scan tools
- Establish a baseline indication of the potential attack surface of the environment
- Interpret the results of automated tools to determine what additional tests are needed
- Perform host discovery, port scan and network segmentation checks
- Analyze the results of the penetration test and compile them into a report