In this course, you will gain a fundamental understanding of application security and the important role it plays in meeting compliance requirements and managing risk. Coverage includes the three tenets of the (CIA) triad, confidentiality, integrity, and availability. After completing this course, you will be able to understand what application security is and understand the technical, business, and regulatory drivers for application security. You will also be able to identify key attacker motives, important security risk management terms and concepts, and key approaches for managing application security risk.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the main drivers for application security
- Describe the fundamental concepts of application security risk management
- Explain the anatomy of common application attacks
- Evaluate the use input validation as a primary risk mitigation technique
- Enumerate key security principles and best practices for developing secure applications