Using a cloud platform solves for issues with distributed complexity and provides DevOps automation with a standard and centralized platform for testing, deployment, and production creating a complementary relationship between the two. This course provides learners with an understanding of how to align and configure Azure services to NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) core functions to achieve security in the cloud.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Identify and manage the data, personnel, devices, systems, and facilities to meet the organization’s business objectives and risk strategy
- Protect assets and associated facilities by using access control, limiting access to authorized users, processes, or devices and to authorized activities and transactions
- Protect data-at-rest and data-in-transit by leveraging security services such as Azure Storage Service Encryption, Azure Backup Data Encryption, Azure SQL Transparent Data Encryption BitLocker and Azure VPN Gateway
- Detect Anomalous activity in a timely manner and understand the potential impact of events by using Azure Security Center, Advanced Threat Analytics, Design and Implementation for Active Directory (DIAD), SIEM integration and Cloud App Security
- Ensure response processes and procedures are executed and maintained to ensure timely response to detected cybersecurity events