Web and email servers are the workhorses of the Internet: we couldn't run government, businesses, or our personal lives without them! However, the information exchanged through web and email servers can offer a tempting target for cyber attackers. Participants can request 1 CPE credit for completing this course.
This webinar includes the following information and more:
- Attack methods: Hackers can target and decode victims' web and email traffic, compromise email security to make phishing attempts more likely to succeed, or can even use botnets to shut down access to websites and conduct large-scale campaigns of malicious activity.
- Key Guidance for Organizations: CISA provides resources and best practices to help individuals and organizations secure their web and email infrastructure.
- Case studies: Explore the methods and impacts of real-life cyberattacks, and how the victims responded and recovered.
- Incident Response overview: Key steps to identify a potential attack, mitigate damage through proper preparation and response, and recover after an attack occurs.
- Define web and email server infrastructure, and explain common attack methods.
- Identify signs of a potential attack.
- Learn mitigation steps for web and email server attacks.
- Understand the process to recover from a web or email server attack.
- Explore impacts of web and email server attacks through case studies.