Covers the installation, configuration, upgrading, troubleshooting and repair of microcomputer hardware. Includes basic networking concepts and printers. Knowledge of safety and common preventive maintenance procedures is stressed. No prerequisites.
- Evaluate the organization and subsystems of a computer system
- Analyze the process to troubleshoot and rectify computer systems
- Evaluate CPU architectures and evaluate the organization of the motherboard
- Profile data storage subsystems, and the basic input-output subsystems
- Assess the history and evolution of bus structures and memory subsystems.
- Evaluate the processes for monitoring and managing Windows client operating systems.