A study of data base management systems with hands-on experience. Students investigate the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of a modern data base management system. Prerequisite: CIS 301. Offered in fall.
- Develop a Conceptual Schema for an unstructured problem
- Convert the Conceptual Schema to a logical data model for a relational database
- Understand the Normalization Process
- Use SQL Data Definition Language to create a database
- Use SQL Data Manipulation Language to enter, modify, and retrieve data.