This course provides a detailed understanding of incidents from attacks of malicious software. This course addresses the history and practice of coding that occurs in viruses, worms, spyware, Trojan horses, remote management back doors and root kits. Students learn preventative measures and tools, and explore how to rid systems of malicious software and prevent re-infection. Recovery processes and backup methods are explored. In addition to covering basic incident handling preparation, response and recovery practices, and the course goes into detail regarding malicious software.
- Explain the risk management and risk assessment.
- Demonstrate the tools and techniques used in an initial response
- Given a scenario of a computer security incident, determine the best course.
- Explain the different types of malicious code.
- Explain the ways to prevent harm from malicious code.
- Given a computer with a base install, take the steps necessary to secure the computer.