In this course students will study information security policies and procedures and gain hands-on practice developing a security policy. This course provides an introduction to security policy, coverage of information security regulation and framework, and policies specific to industry sectors, including financial, healthcare and small business.
Sections of the course focus on the ISO 17799:2000, the Organization for International Standardization standard as a conceptual framework for understanding and applying information security management in business. Students will study existing policy and how it affects security procedure.
- Describe how to introduce and implement information policies
- Compare and contrast information security policies and procedures across nine security domains.
- Explain development of policies to protect information assets
- Discuss compliance requirements and federal regulations for Financial institutions and Healthcare.
- Examine critical infrastructure compliance for education and publicly-traded corporations.