All Source-Collection Requirements ManagerWork Role ID: CO-CLO-002Evaluates collection operations and develops effects-based collection requirements strategies using available sources and methods to improve collection. Develops, processes, validates, and coordinates submission of collection requirements. Evaluates performance of collection assets and collection operations.Category: Collect and OperateSpecialty Area: Collection Operations
- A0069: Ability to apply collaborative skills and strategies.
- A0070: Ability to apply critical reading/thinking skills.
- A0078: Ability to coordinate, collaborate and disseminate information to subordinate, lateral and higher-level organizations.
- K0001: Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- K0002: Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- K0003: Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
- K0004: Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles.
- K0005: Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- K0006: Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- K0036: Knowledge of human-computer interaction principles.
- K0058: Knowledge of network traffic analysis methods.
- K0109: Knowledge of physical computer components and architectures, including the functions of various components and peripherals (e.g., CPUs, Network Interface Cards, data storage).
- K0177: Knowledge of cyber attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- K0353: Knowledge of possible circumstances that would result in changing collection management authorities.
- K0361: Knowledge of asset availability, capabilities and limitations.
- K0364: Knowledge of available databases and tools necessary to assess appropriate collection tasking.
- K0380: Knowledge of collaborative tools and environments.
- K0382: Knowledge of collection capabilities and limitations.
- K0383: Knowledge of collection capabilities, accesses, performance specifications, and constraints utilized to satisfy collection plan.
- K0384: Knowledge of collection management functionality (e.g., positions, functions, responsibilities, products, reporting requirements).
- K0386: Knowledge of collection management tools.
- K0387: Knowledge of collection planning process and collection plan.
- K0390: Knowledge of collection strategies.
- K0395: Knowledge of computer networking fundamentals (i.e., basic computer components of a network, types of networks, etc.).
- K0401: Knowledge of criteria for evaluating collection products.
- K0404: Knowledge of current collection requirements.
- K0412: Knowledge of cyber lexicon/terminology
- K0417: Knowledge of data communications terminology (e.g., networking protocols, Ethernet, IP, encryption, optical devices, removable media).
- K0419: Knowledge of database administration and maintenance.
- K0421: Knowledge of databases, portals and associated dissemination vehicles.
- K0425: Knowledge of different organization objectives at all levels, including subordinate, lateral and higher.
- K0427: Knowledge of encryption algorithms and cyber capabilities/tools (e.g., SSL, PGP).
- K0431: Knowledge of evolving/emerging communications technologies.
- K0435: Knowledge of fundamental cyber concepts, principles, limitations, and effects.
- K0444: Knowledge of how Internet applications work (SMTP email, web-based email, chat clients, VOIP).
- K0445: Knowledge of how modern digital and telephony networks impact cyber operations.
- K0446: Knowledge of how modern wireless communications systems impact cyber operations.
- K0448: Knowledge of how to establish priorities for resources.
- K0453: Knowledge of indications and warning.
- K0454: Knowledge of information needs.
- K0467: Knowledge of internal and external partner organization capabilities and limitations (those with tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination responsibilities).
- K0474: Knowledge of key cyber threat actors and their equities.
- K0475: Knowledge of key factors of the operational environment and threat.
- K0477: Knowledge of leadership's Intent and objectives.
- K0480: Knowledge of malware.
- K0482: Knowledge of methods for ascertaining collection asset posture and availability.
- K0492: Knowledge of non-traditional collection methodologies.
- K0495: Knowledge of ongoing and future operations.
- K0496: Knowledge of operational asset constraints.
- K0498: Knowledge of operational planning processes.
- K0505: Knowledge of organization objectives and associated demand on collection management.
- K0513: Knowledge of organizational priorities, legal authorities and requirements submission processes.
- K0516: Knowledge of physical and logical network devices and infrastructure to include hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- K0521: Knowledge of priority information, how it is derived, where it is published, how to access, etc.
- K0526: Knowledge of research strategies and knowledge management.
- K0527: Knowledge of risk management and mitigation strategies.
- K0552: Knowledge of tasking mechanisms.
- K0554: Knowledge of tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination.
- K0558: Knowledge of the available tools and applications associated with collection requirements and collection management.
- K0560: Knowledge of the basic structure, architecture, and design of modern communication networks.
- K0561: Knowledge of the basics of network security (e.g., encryption, firewalls, authentication, honey pots, perimeter protection).
- K0562: Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of new and emerging collection capabilities, accesses and/or processes.
- K0563: Knowledge of the capabilities, limitations and tasking methodologies of internal and external collections as they apply to planned cyber activities.
- K0565: Knowledge of the common networking and routing protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), services (e.g., web, mail, DNS), and how they interact to provide network communications.
- K0568: Knowledge of the definition of collection management and collection management authority.
- K0569: Knowledge of the existent tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination architecture.
- K0570: Knowledge of the factors of threat that could impact collection operations.
- K0579: Knowledge of the organization, roles and responsibilities of higher, lower and adjacent sub-elements.
- K0580: Knowledge of the organization’s established format for collection plan.
- K0581: Knowledge of the organization’s planning, operations and targeting cycles.
- K0584: Knowledge of the organizational policies/procedures for temporary transfer of collection authority.
- K0587: Knowledge of the POC’s, databases, tools and applications necessary to establish environment preparation and surveillance products.
- K0588: Knowledge of the priority information requirements from subordinate, lateral and higher levels of the organization.
- K0596: Knowledge of the request for information process.
- K0605: Knowledge of tipping, cueing, mixing, and redundancy.
- K0610: Knowledge of virtualization products (VMware, Virtual PC).
- K0612: Knowledge of what constitutes a “threat” to a network.
- S0304: Skill to access information on current assets available, usage.
- S0305: Skill to access the databases where plans/directives/guidance are maintained.
- S0316: Skill to associate Intelligence gaps to priority information requirements and observables.
- S0317: Skill to compare indicators/observables with requirements.
- S0327: Skill to ensure that the collection strategy leverages all available resources.
- S0329: Skill to evaluate requests for information to determine if response information exists.
- S0330: Skill to evaluate the capabilities, limitations and tasking methodologies of organic, theater, national, coalition and other collection capabilities.
- S0334: Skill to identify and apply tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination to associated collection disciplines.
- S0335: Skill to identify Intelligence gaps.
- S0336: Skill to identify when priority information requirements are satisfied.
- S0337: Skill to implement established procedures for evaluating collection management and operations activities.
- S0339: Skill to interpret readiness reporting, its operational relevance and intelligence collection impact.
- S0344: Skill to prepare and deliver reports, presentations and briefings, to include using visual aids or presentation technology.
- S0346: Skill to resolve conflicting collection requirements.
- S0347: Skill to review performance specifications and historical information about collection assets.
- S0348: Skill to specify collections and/or taskings that must be conducted in the near term.
- S0352: Skill to use collaborative tools and environments.
- S0353: Skill to use systems and/or tools to track collection requirements and determine if they are satisfied.
- S0362: Skill to analyze and assess internal and external partner organization capabilities and limitations (those with tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination responsibilities).
- T0564: Analyze feedback to determine extent to which collection products and services are meeting requirements.
- T0565: Analyze incoming collection requests.
- T0568: Analyze plans, directives, guidance and policy for factors that would influence collection management's operational structure and requirement s (e.g., duration, scope, communication requirements, interagency/international agreements).
- T0577: Assess efficiency of existing information exchange and management systems.
- T0578: Assess performance of collection assets against prescribed specifications.
- T0580: Assess the effectiveness of collections in satisfying priority information gaps, using available capabilities and methods, and adjust collection strategies and collection requirements accordingly.
- T0596: Close requests for information once satisfied.
- T0602: Collaborate with customer to define information requirements.
- T0605: Compile lessons learned from collection management activity's execution of organization collection objectives.
- T0613: Conduct formal and informal coordination of collection requirements in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- T0651: Develop a method for comparing collection reports to outstanding requirements to identify information gaps.
- T0668: Develop procedures for providing feedback to collection managers, asset managers, and processing, exploitation and dissemination centers.
- T0673: Disseminate reports to inform decision makers on collection issues.
- T0675: Conduct and document an assessment of the collection results using established procedures.
- T0682: Validate the link between collection requests and critical information requirements and priority intelligence requirements of leadership.
- T0689: Evaluate extent to which collected information and/or produced intelligence satisfy information requests.
- T0693: Evaluate extent to which collection operations are synchronized with operational requirements.
- T0694: Evaluate the effectiveness of collection operations against the collection plan.
- T0714: Identify collaboration forums that can serve as mechanisms for coordinating processes, functions, and outputs with specified organizations and functional groups.
- T0725: Identify and mitigate risks to collection management ability to support the plan, operations and target cycle.
- T0730: Inform stakeholders (e.g., collection managers, asset managers, processing, exploitation and dissemination centers) of evaluation results using established procedures.
- T0734: Issue requests for information.
- T0746: Modify collection requirements as necessary.
- T0780: Provide advisory and advocacy support to promote collection planning as an integrated component of the strategic campaign plans and other adaptive plans.
- T0809: Review capabilities of allocated collection assets.
- T0810: Review intelligence collection guidance for accuracy/applicability.
- T0811: Review list of prioritized collection requirements and essential information.
- T0819: Solicit and manage to completion feedback from requestors on quality, timeliness, and effectiveness of collection against collection requirements.
- T0822: Submit information requests to collection requirement management section for processing as collection requests.
- T0830: Track status of information requests, including those processed as collection requests and production requirements, using established procedures.
- T0831: Translate collection requests into applicable discipline-specific collection requirements.
- T0832: Use feedback results (e.g., lesson learned) to identify opportunities to improve collection management efficiency and effectiveness.
- T0833: Validate requests for information according to established criteria.