An integer overflow or wraparound may often be intended behavior; however, it can also introduce other weaknesses and security consequences. This course introduces ways to identify and mitigate this security weakness, referenced as CWE-190 by the 2020 CWE Top 25.
On successful completion of this course, learners should have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify Integer Overflow or Wraparound vulnerabilities
- Recognize the potential impact of this vulnerability
- Apply coding best practices to avoid it
- Find Integer Overflow or Wraparound vulnerabilities in your application’s source code
- Test your application to detect it