Prerequisites: SDEV 325 and SDEV 360. An in-depth analysis and evaluation of the mitigation of software vulnerabilities. The aim is to detect and mitigate software vulnerabilities by evaluating code. Topics include language-specific software vulnerabilities, mitigation, and input validation.
After completing this course, you should be able to
- Analyze and fix software vulnerabilities in a variety of languages (Java, .net, and C/C++)
- Identify and recommend security requirements based on software assurance standards to include within an application’s architecture and design
- Use software security tools and methodologies to identify and mitigate software vulnerabilities
- Document software vulnerability mitigation results by explaining fixes and architecture design control recommendations
- Research current trends in application security in order to recommend mitigation strategies for new threats and vulnerabilities