This course provides students with an overview of risk management principles. Methods to identify, quantify, and qualify internal and external risks to the organization are examined. Students apply these principles and methods to the current business and risk environment.
By the end of this course, the student should know or be able to:
- To evaluate the role of business and technical risk analysis within the context of Information Security.
- To identify and analyze prevalent threats and vulnerabilities facing businesses today.
- To identify and analyze business and technical threats to an organization.
- To analyze and evaluate Information Security methods used to address business threats and vulnerabilities.
- To identify and evaluate the controls necessary to address business and technical threats.