This course will lay the foundation on which to build a working knowledge of system administration. This class will provide a comprehensive overview of contemporary systems administration with a focus on Microsoft based environments. An overview of the available server and desktop operating systems, their common use cases and their strengths and weakness will be given. Topics such as active directory, user/computer/group management, resource permissions, optimizing performance, backup, storage, server monitoring will be covered. Students will be armed with a baseline of knowledge with which to identify and understand server infrastructures for business solutions. Students will be given hands-on exercises to reinforce the knowledge taught in class.
1. Apply the 12 principles of Information Security (INFOSEC).
2. Evaluate and Peer Review the impact of contemporary cyber security events.
3. Analyze the impact of legal, ethical, and privacy issues facing security professionals today.
4. Evaluate the impact of a current security intrusion and mitigation practices.
5. Design a security program implementation plan for an enterprise infrastructure.
6. Design an INFOSEC – security control plan.