Creating a business plan helps you clearly see the opportunities and obstacles you'll inevitably face as you pursue your business idea. By implementing a business plan, you stand a better chance of getting the support you need to succeed.
In this course, you'll learn about what a business plan is, the business planning process, and the steps you need to take when creating a business case. You'll also learn how to carry out an internal analysis and about the key elements examined in any external and SWOT analyses. Finally, you'll learn about activities that can help you when implementing a business case, including developing action plans and determining how the implementation should be measured, monitored, and assessed.
Business Planning Essentials
- distinguish between different parts of a business plan
- sequence the steps for preparing to develop a business plan
- recall the steps for conducting an internal analysis as part of business planning
- identify environmental factors to be considered in an external analysis
- recognize examples of elements of a SWOT analysis
- recall the elements of an action plan
- list the activities involved in measuring and controlling implementation of a business plan
- recognize activities and guidelines for developing and implementing a business plan