Project resources need to be managed with great care to achieve the best possible end result. Managing projects means putting together the right mix of skills and expertise to make up a high-performing team. The CAPM® is an asset that will enhance your effectiveness in resource management. CAPM training will help you identify all the resources you'll need and aid you in planning how to use these resources to achieve project success. In this course, you'll learn how to plan resource management.
You'll also learn best practices for estimating and acquiring necessary resources and developing and managing the project team.
This course will assist learners in preparing for the PMI® PMP® certification exam.
Planning and Acquiring Project Resources
- recognize the role of the project manager in project resource management activities
- recognize examples of inputs to the Plan Resource Management process
- identify the tools and techniques of the Plan Resource Management process
- recognize the components of a RACI chart
- recognize examples of information that should be included in the roles and responsibilities section of a resource management plan
- identify the purpose of the Estimate Activity Resources process
- recognize examples of the inputs to Estimate Activity Resources process
- identify the tools and techniques you use for estimating activity resources
- recognize the principles of using the bottom-up estimating technique
- recognize the outputs of the Estimate Activity Resources process
- describe a resource breakdown structure, given a scenario
- recognize the inputs to the Acquire Resources process
- identify the tools and techniques you use to acquire resources for a project
- sequence the steps for using negotiation to acquire project resources
- identify the outputs of the Acquire Resources process
- demonstrate your understanding of the Plan Resource Management, Estimate Activity Resources, and Acquire Resources processes