To understand how an Oracle Database functions, it is important to gain a basic understanding of its major components. This course identifies the major architectural components of the Oracle Database 11g Release 2, explains memory structures, describes background processes, and explores the logical and physical storage structures. In addition, this course describes the role of a database administrator (DBA) and the tasks and tools required for this role. This course also covers how to plan for the Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Oracle Database 11g software installations, as well as how to do the installation using the Oracle Universal Installer.
This course is one of a series in the Skillsoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Oracle Database 11g: Administration I (1Z0-052) exam. Passing this exam will earn the learner Oracle Certified Associated (OCA).
Exploring the Oracle Database 11g Architecture
- identify key characteristics of Oracle Database 11g's grid computing technology
- identify the main architectural components of Oracle Database 11g
- identify the components of Oracle Database 11g's memory structures
- recognize how the Oracle Database 11g process architecture works
- recognize how information is stored and structured within Oracle Database 11g's storage architecture
Installing Oracle Database 11g
- identify tasks and tools required to administer Oracle Database 11g
- plan the Oracle Database 11g installation
- install the Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- install the Oracle Database 11g software
- install Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- install Oracle Database 11g software