Virtual reality is a fairly broad set of technologies ultimately designed to trick the senses. In this course, you will learn about the types of VR, the equipment used, and how that relates to the immersiveness of the VR environment.
What Is Virtual Reality?
- start the course
- describe virtual reality, the importance of virtual reality, and the future of virtual reality
- define the types of virtual reality and when they could be used
- describe the beginning of virtual reality and how it has reached the point it is at today
- identify where virtual reality is already being used or could be used in the near future
- define the levels of immersion and how it affects a user in virtual reality
- describe the types of virtual reality hardware and their capabilities or limits
- compare some of the features and capabilities of current virtual reality headgear
Developing VR Applications
- describe the tools and environments that exist for developing virtual reality games and applications
- distinguish and describe the differences between programming virtual reality games and applications with C++ vs. C#
- identify the hardware and software requirements for developing virtual reality applications with Unity
Practice: Development for VR
- describe VR, the types of VR, and the available development tools