Risk is an inevitable aspect of any business. As a manager, it's important that you mitigate or avoid the potential impact of a risk if it comes to pass, to ensure the long-term survival of your organization. This course focuses on the first step in managing risk, identifying risks to your organization. You'll explore the difference between internal and external risks, and how some risks may actually present a strategic opportunity. You'll also learn how to use some techniques that can help you identify risks and calculate the probability that they will occur, including root cause identification, the Delphi technique, and brainstorming sessions.
- distinguish between internal and external risks
- match situations to either the brainstorming or interviews risk identification technique
- recognize when to use reviews and analysis in identifying risk
- recognize actions to take in planning a brainstorming session
- identify guidelines for conducting a brainstorming session to identify risks
- recognize ways to deal with common brainstorming challenges
- use techniques to identify risks in your organization