This course is an entry level Information Security course that is designed for anyone who utilizes computer technology in their daily life. Whether using technology for business or personal reasons, this course will provide the basic knowledge needed to assign the appropriate level of value to data. Students become aware of the risks and threats that could compromise information while understanding practical steps to protect valuable information assets.
- Determining the Value of Information Assets
- Leveraging Operational Process Types to Manage Assets
- Achieving Information Reliability Through Security
- Preparing to Manage Threats and Risks
- Categorizing Threats, Identifying Damage, and Calculating Loss
- Analyzing Risk to Help Drive Information Security Decisions
- Using Risk Mitigation Strategies to Minimize the Impact of Risk