In business, information security is everyone's responsibility. All individuals in an organization play an important role in establishing good security practices. Within personal life, securing your confidential information is completely up to you. Therefore, whether you are concerned about protecting your personal information or your business information, a solid awareness of information security incident concepts is an essential place to start. In this course you will learn about getting prepared for the inevitability of having to manage information security incidents. First, you will learn about building an information security organization, and establishing security policies combined with code of conduct concepts. Next, you will learn about enabling information security with people, processes, and technology. Finally, you will learn about improving security using a formal audit program. After participating in the course, participants will have a solid foundation of the concepts and knowledge needed to properly manage information security incidents.
- Building the Information Security Organization
- Establishing Security Policies and a Code of Conduct
- Enabling Information Security with People, Process, and Technology
- Using the Security Incident Cycle to Improve Security Response
- Logging and Managing Security Events and Incidents
- Complying with Regulatory, Legislative, and Organization Mandates
- Improving Security with a Formal Audit Program