Authentication in cyber systems including password-based, address-based, biometrics-based, and SSO systems; Authorization and accounting in cyber systems; Securing wired and wireless networks; Secured applications including secure e-mail services, secure web services, and secure e-commerce applications; Security and privacy in cloud environments.
- Gain experience with the online course system.
- Recognize the general purpose and goals of the online course.
- Gain the importance of network security.
- Familiarize with several terminologies that are used to define network, information, and computer security.
- Distinguish between different network technologies.
- Identify different threats, vulnerabilities, and various types of attacks and hacks in network.
- Identify the role of cryptography in network security and information security.
- Gain knowledge on digital signatures, digital certificates, and the concept of a public key infrastructure.
- Familiarize with typical Authentication Systems and Human Authentication Mechanisms.
- Describe IP security.
- Explain different security systems to secure transport layer.
- Distinguish between different mechanisms for web security.
- Analyze the threats of intruders and malicious software.
- Explain systems for intrusion detections and countermeasures for malicious software.
- Identify the concept of a firewall, pros and cons, and explains how it functions.
- Explains the functioning of virtual private networks (VPNs) and how it works.
- Identify the threats and vulnerabilities associated with 802.11 wireless networks.