This course covers the major issues surrounding the use of penetration testing to secure network security and important skills of a professional hacker and common security challenges that an information security officer will face in his/her work.
Topics include the ethics of ethical hacking, laws and regulations, vulnerability discovery and risk analysis, internal and external attacks, how malicious hackers attack and exploit system vulnerabilities, penetration testing methods and tools, latest security countermeasures, and various types of penetration testing and programming skills required to complete successful penetration tests and to secure real systems against real attacks.
Offered fully online or hybrid (1 lecture/week), 3 Credit hours. Instructor led.
- Differentiate what an ethical hacker can and cannot do legally.
- Evaluate security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Use hacking tools to locate and fix security leaks.
- Assess potential operating systems vulnerabilities.
- Compare different crypto algorithms.
- Manage and configure network security devices to secure real systems against real attacks.
- In depth knowledge of at least one network security topic.