This course introduces students to the role of US information privacy as it relates to the US Federal Government's Executive Branch, the US private sector, and to US State data privacy and data security laws.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the origins of US Information Privacy
- Demonstrate knowledge of the US Federal Government's information privacy practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of the US private sector's information privacy practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of recently passed US state-level consumer privacy and personal information protection laws
- Demonstrate knowledge of several current US state-level data breach notification laws