In this course, students submit their full dissertation proposal to the DDR (Dean of Doctoral Research) for approval. The DDR will review the data collection instrument and the students will then initiate the IRB (Institutional Review Board) application. At this point, Doctoral candidacy is achieved and the Dissertation Chairperson is assigned.
By the end of this course, the student should know or be able to:
- To develop an understanding of the underlying concepts of academic research
- To apply these research concepts to the modifications required for dissertation deliverables
- To complete the Chapters 3 and Chapter 4.1 of the dissertation proposal and finalize a complete working draft of the entire proposal (Cover Page to Chapter 4.1 with working bibliography and Appendices, as needed). After the instructor reviews and approves it, the instructor will email it to the Dean of Doctoral Research for review and final approval.
- To complete the IRB Application. After the instructor reviews and approves it, the instructor will email it to the Dean of Doctoral Research for review and final approval.
- To pass the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) research training program.