This class will evaluate the security of a network or system's infrastructure and outline how hackers find and attempt to exploit any vulnerabilities to determine whether unauthorized access or other malicious activities are possible.
By the end of this course, the student should know or can:
- Explain the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Identify physical security attacks and vulnerabilities
- Describe port scanning tools and types of port scans
- Explain techniques to harden Windows and Linux systems
- Identify vulnerabilities of embedded operating systems and best practices for protecting them
- Describe intrusion detection and prevention systems and Web-filtering technology