In this course, students evaluate the principles, attributes, and processes used in designing and deploying a comprehensive and resilient layered security architecture that supports the business and technical objectives of the enterprise.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the role of lifecycle management in the production of secure ICT products
- Understand the roles of the customer and supplier in the overall process of providing a product
- Understand how process improvement enhances system and software security
- Appreciate the importance of using an open framework for implementing a security strategy
- Assess the progress of an organization's software security maturity and determine how balanced its approach is compared with others
- Understand how the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) shapes ICT security