In this course, students will understand the advantages and disadvantages of having insurance policies that provide coverage from losses resulting from a data/cyber breach or loss of electronically stored confidential information. Areas covered involve the various types of insurance policies, differences between third party and first party insurers, covered risks, and overall benefits of cyber insurance policies to the enterprise.
By the end of this course, the student should know or be able to:
- Discuss Cryptography and Symmetric Encryption and Messaging
- Identify and explain Transport-Level and Network Security
- Analyze Network Access Control and Cloud Security
- Determine best practices in Electronic Mail Security
- Differentiate between different types of firewalls and port security.
- Discuss Key Distribution and User Authentication