This course provides an overview of the commands, utilities and supporting architecture used in Linux operating systems. This course provides the student with skills such as system and application installation, shell scripting, regular expressions, system management, web services installation and maintenance.
1. Describe the history of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
2. Describe the basic structure of UNIX/Linux.
3. Use and modify UNIX/Linux file systems.
4. Use the vi editor.
5. Utilize basic and advanced UNIX/Linux utilities.
6. Create bash, perl scripts.