One of the most prolific crimes that is occurring in modern society is identity theft. This is perpetuated by the rise of social media, online presence and lack of education on proper protections of your personal information. There is also a physical risk with this type of information. This course explores the critical life skills needed to better protect your identity and yourself in today’s society.
1. Determine what personal information can be found related to you.
2. Explain the threats to your personal information and identity.
3. Apply methodologies and strategies for protecting your personal information and identity.
4. Describe concepts of physical security protection and develop strategies for your self-protection.
5. Analyze publicized identity theft incidents.
6. Identify and assess the risks associated with social media.
7. Understand the concepts of physical security protection and develop strategies for your self-protection.