MIL-1553 Cybersecurity Training, Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation, is a 2-day training course address MIL-1553 cybersecurity issues. MIL-1553 Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (T&E) training will introduce a set of workshops and group activities of real world case studies in order to prepare you to tackle the entire related RMF challenges applied to MIL-1553 capable platforms and systems
MIL-1553 was released by the U.S. Department of Defense before the advent of modern cyber warfare, and lacks many of the tools that secure modern networks. More recently it was identified as a potential danger that adversaries could leverage to compromise equipment and spread malicious software across a system. The bus was designed with a great focus on reliability, responsiveness, and fault tolerance. However, its security aspects were an afterthought. The MIL-1553 bus was found to be vulnerable to many attacks that could seriously damage the entire system. The problem was that rebuilding the security of the MIL-STD-1553 from scratch was cost-prohibitive and a very complex, not scalable, and inflexible approach.
- Understand the fundamental principles of MIL-1553 data bus architecture.
- Identify and analyze cybersecurity vulnerabilities in MIL-1553 systems.
- Develop strategies for testing and evaluating the cybersecurity posture of MIL-1553 systems.
- Apply industry-standard cybersecurity tools and techniques to assess MIL-1553 security.
- Design and implement test plans for evaluating the effectiveness of cybersecurity measures in MIL-1553 environments.
- Assess and mitigate risks associated with cybersecurity threats in MIL-1553 systems.
- Evaluate the impact of cybersecurity measures on the performance and functionality of MIL-1553 systems.
- Communicate effectively about cybersecurity issues related to MIL-1553, both orally and in writing.
- Collaborate with a team to conduct comprehensive cybersecurity tests on MIL-1553 systems.
- Stay informed about the latest developments in MIL-1553 cybersecurity and adapt strategies accordingly.