NMAP is a powerful network scanning tool that can be used by a network administrator or security practitioner to audit a network. This course will lead the student through a discussion of NMAP's scanning phases and a discussion of the tool's capabilities and options for network, host, and service discovery. After completion of the course, the student will have a thorough knowledge of NMAP and be able to use it to effectively ensure the security of their network.
- Scan Phases and Basic Options
- Host Enumeration and Network Mapping
- UDP and TCP Port Scanning
- Performance and Timing
- Evading Firewalls and Other Sneakiness
- OS and Service Version Detection
- NMAP Scripting Engine