Web based APIs have grown significantly over the last decade. This is in response to enormous growth of mobile apps and rapidly emerging 'Internet of Things'. In the rush to push products to market, developers often take shortcuts on security, leaving online services vulnerable to attack. The risks are not as obvious as they may be in traditional browser based web apps, yet they are extremely susceptible and attackers know how to identify vulnerabilities. This course teaches you how to go on the offense and hack your own APIs before online attackers do.
- Discovering Device Communication With APIs
- Leaky APIs and Hidden APIs
- API Manipulation and Parameter Tampering
- API Authentication and Authorization Vulnerabilities
- Working With SSL Encrypted API Traffic