Introduction to computer programming: Algorithm design flow charting and debugging; elements of good programming style. Course may be instructed in any programming language.
- Define and explain the evolution of high-level languages.
- Create simple programs which utilize primitive data types accurately and efficiently.
- Perform simple input/output in a program.
- Understand decision mechanisms and employ them in a software program.
- Design an algorithm using both pseudocode and flowcharting.
- Create a software implementation from a flowchart or pseudocode.
- Use a debugger to identify and correct code defects.
- Identify the need for single dimensional arrays and functions, and demonstrate their accurate use.