This session will detail the risks to Wi-Fi network users and administrators as well as how to mitigate those risks. From evilAP to denial of service attacks, the session will include demonstrations and real life examples of how these attacks have been leveraged to compromise the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information and critical systems.
This 2-hour event with Chris will discuss:
- Awareness of the dangers of open Wi-Fi hotspots
- Strategies on protecting yourself when connecting to Wi-Fi networks
- Best practice techniques for protecting connected Wi-Fi clients from each other
- Mitigation of risks relating to Wi-Fi connectivity into the internal network
- Satisfy Annual Role Based Security Training Requirements
- Enhance awareness of IT and/or cyber security issues, threats and solutions.