Organizations today increasingly rely on the Internet and networked systems to conduct business. At the same time, cyber crime and security violations pose an ever-growing threat to business-critical functions and data. If Web applications are not enabled with the appropriate security countermeasures, third parties are able to eavesdrop and compromise the integrity of information passed to and from your Web applications. For organizations that share proprietary data across the Internet, intranets or other public networks, this is of particular concern. This course systematically exposes potential security threats, provides proven solutions and shows you the steps you can take today to help ensure the integrity and privacy of your Web applications. Special attention is paid to the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top Ten security issues.
- Implement and test secure web applications in your organization
- Identify, diagnose and remediate the OWASP top ten web application security risks
- Configure a web server to encrypt web traffic with HTTPS
- Protect Ajax?powered applications and prevent JSON data theft
- Secure XML web services with WS?Security