Learn how to investigate cybercrime! This boot camp goes in-depth into the tools, techniques and processes used by forensics examiners to find and extract evidence from computers.
Infosec’s Computer Forensics Boot Camp teaches you how to identify, preserve, extract, analyze, and report forensic evidence on computers. You will learn about the challenges of computer forensics, walk through the process of analysis and examination of operating systems, and gain a deep understanding of differences in evidence locations and examination techniques on Windows and Linux computers.
More than 30 hands-on labs simulating a real cybercrime investigation provide you with practical experience using commercial and open- source forensic tools. The boot camp also prepares you to become a Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE).
- Understand provisions of IT law
- Understand complex technical forensics concepts
- How to apply forensics concepts to forensic investigations
- Handle evidence (procedures and rules)
- Use a range of computer forensics tools
- Acquire forensic evidence
- Locate forensic artifacts in various operating systems
- Analyze extracted evidence » Properly reporting findings
- Track an offender on the internet
- Work with law enforcement
- Design an incident response strategy