This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the necessary knowledge to work with all the associated SharePoint business intelligence services including PerformancePoint Service, Excel Services, Business Connectivity Services, and Visio Services. The new and improved Business Intelligence Center is explored, and all the exciting new features within the SharePoint 2013 release are covered. The focus of this course is on the SharePoint 2013 business intelligence platform and not on the SQL business intelligence services. As far as possible each of the modules is stand-alone allowing for customization of the course for those audiences that may not have an interest in a certain service.
- Browse the data within the cube using SQL Server Management Studio
- Browse data using Visual Studio 2013
- Connect to a tabular source, import tables, and explore the data
- Explore the options and settings available within the new SharePoint 2013 Central Administration
- Create a new web application and business intelligence site while exploring the features of both
- Create a SharePoint library to hold Excel workbooks and explore trusted file locations
- Utilize the Power View add-in for Excel
- Create an Excel workbook with a parameter and save it to a SharePoint document library
- Add Web Apps to a webpage
- Explore the Dashboard Designer interface and know how to create and configure a data source.
- Create and configure a standard KPI and a scorecard
- Create and configure a filter, and tie the filter into both the analytic chart and analytic grid created earlier
- Use PowerPivot within Excel to import a table from SQL Server
- Assign administrators and permissions on the BDC Metadata Store