Infotec offers a 40-hour Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) Certified Fiber Optics Designer (CFOD) training program. This new optical designer certification will provide an in-depth knowledge of optical local area networks. This course covers all aspects of a successful fiber optic system design from network protocols, network configurations, optical cabling, industry communications standards, determination of fiber count, hardware selection, splicing/termination methods, and cable system testing and documentation. All that is learned in class is put into practice through multiple and intensive case studies.
The Infotec ETA Certified Fiber Optics Designer program provides detailed instruction and practice of Local Area Network fiber optic design. Successful completion of the program will result in the trainee being certified as a Fiber Optics Designer from Electronics Technicians Association and awarded a Certificate of Completion from Infotec.
- Demonstrate the proper cable selection in network design
- Demonstrate the proper hardware selection requirements in network design
- Demonstrate the proper structured wiring standards in network design
- Demonstrate the proper fiber count, type, and cable selection in network design
- Demonstrate the proper security video network design
- Demonstrate how to estimate the hardware bill of materials worksheet in network design