CompTIA‘s A+ Support Skills Boot Camp is intended for students wishing to qualify with CompTIA A+ Certification. A+ Certification is internationally endorsed and recognized as the only benchmark vendor-neutral qualification for PC support and troubleshooting. Indeed, A+ Certification is a prerequisite qualification for employment (and is endorsed) by many leading computer manufacturers and vendors on a global basis. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to assemble components based on customer requirements, install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users, understand the basics of networking and security/forensics, properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues while applying troubleshooting skills. Successful candidates will also provide appropriate customer support and understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment. This 5-day hands-on Boot Camp is designed to prepare students for the 220-802 A+ exam. It focuses on supporting Microsoft Windows, configuring SOHO networks with internet access, troubleshooting, and mobile devices such as smart phones.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, and Microsoft Windows 7
- Manage and optimize Windows using command line tools and administrative consoles
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources in a typical SOHO network
- Use anti-virus tools to prevent and recover from malware infections
- Configure access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls
- Diagnose and resolve Windows, PC hardware, network, and printer troubleshooting scenarios
- Configure mobile devices, such as smart phones and table